Re: SWIG for Octave: Octave-SWIG.

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: SWIG for Octave: Octave-SWIG.
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:03:35 +0200

* John W. Eaton <address@hidden> [2005-06-04 00:17]:

> [The sources list is for posting actual source code.  For discussions,
> please use the help or maintainers lists.  --jwe]
>
> On  3-Jun-2005, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:
>
> | Hello there!
> | Ive been thinking, and tried [lazily]
> | to port SWIG [www.swig.org] to Octave.
>
> Yes, that might be a good thing to do.  But have you looked at
> matwrap?

Matwrap seems indeed to be a very good tool.  For instance, the Octave
binding for the PLplot library (http://plplot.sf.net) is built using
matwrap.  However, FYI this project seems to be dead upstream or, at
least, the upstream author is not responsive anymore. The Debian Octave
Group (http://pkg-octave.alioth.debian.org) is maintaining this package
and applying patches to the upstream sources, but we have no feedback
from the upstream author (see
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/m/matwrap/matwrap_0.57-6/changelog)

--
Rafael