warning: save: Inf or NaN values may not be reloadable

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: warning: save: Inf or NaN values may not be reloadable
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:32:14 -0400

On  2-Jun-2005, Keith Goodman wrote:

| When I save matrices with NaNs I get the following warning: "warning:
| save: Inf or NaN values may not be reloadable."

This should only happen if you are using the Octave text format for
saving data.  It used to be true that Octave might fail to read Inf
and NaN values from such files because it relied on the system
iostream library for reading Inf and NaN.  In some cases it would
fail.  But now I think Octave has been fixed to always write Inf and
NaN values with the same represenatation, and to also be able to read
them back in.  You could still have trouble if you tried to load a
text format save file with an older version of Octave.  But Maybe now
it is reasonable to remove the warning.

jwe