Re: possible to disable multipliers?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: possible to disable multipliers?
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:28:39 -0400

On  2-Jun-2005, Mike Miller wrote:

| On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Phillip M. Feldman wrote:
|
| > (From a complete Octave newbie).
| >
| > When displaying an array in Octave, the program often takes out a power
| > of ten that is displayed as a multiplier.  Is there a way to disable
| > this?  (This is one of the few differences between Octave and MATLAB
| > where I prefer the MATLAB behavior).
|
| MATLAB doesn't do this?

As far as I know, it does.  That's why I implemented the feature in
Octave.  But it is not and has never been the default behavior for
Octave.  The scaling only happens if you have the built-in variable
fixed_point_format set to a nonzero value (which will also happen if
you start Octave with either the --traditional or --braindead option).

jwe