Re: [octave] file i/o performance

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: [octave] file i/o performance
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 17:59:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Henry F. Mollet wrote:

Can somebody please tell me why strcmp, a comparison of 2 strings is used all over the place in Octave?

It appears to be used a lot in parsing arguments to functions (from a look at about 3 of the mentioned files).

For practice, I've also tried to compile strcmp.cc at the shell prompt using
mkoctfile but it did not work for me.
[... snipped]
[~/cando] tcsh:19> mkoctfile strcmp.cc
strcmp.cc: In function `octave_value_list Fstrcmp(const octave_value_list&,
  int)':
strcmp.cc:68: error: `boolNDArray' undeclared (first use this function)

[...]

/sw/include/octave-2.1.46/octave/Array2.h:148: error: candidates are: T&
  Array2<T>::operator()(int, int) [with T = octave_value]

My guess would be that it has something to do with the fact that you're running 2.1.46 while this was likly built with 2.1.71. I think that ND arrays are new since then, and that would likely cause the problems. Try upgrading your version of octave and see if it works again.

Bill

--
"Do you read Scientific American in bars to pick up women?"
  -- The Hacker Test