Re: [octave] file i/o performance

From: Mark Robinson
Subject: Re: [octave] file i/o performance
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:07:11 +1000

On 24-May-2005, Mark Robinson wrote:

| Rough estimates are that fgetl, strrep, strtok are 3x, 35x, 17x slower
| in octave.
|
| So, I guess my question is (and again, it's *not* a complaint), for an | average guy like myself, is there any way I can improve upon this? Any
| suggestions would be most welcome.

Yes, it would be useful for these functions to be faster.  Can you
suggest ways that they could be improved?  If you (or someone else)
decides to work on this, it is important that the code you write be
developed independently.  You must not refer to any proprietary code
(Matlab or any other non-free software that does a similar thing)
when you write your solution.

jwe

I actually don't have any novel ideas at this moment. If someone can suggest something, I'd be happy to try it out.

Mark