Re: can't perform indexing operations for <unknown type> type

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: can't perform indexing operations for <unknown type> type
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:29:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 23 May 2005, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 23-May-2005, Mike Miller wrote:

| Is it possible that these problems are caused by a character in your
| script that you cannot see?  Every once in a while this happens to me.
| That one line that you could not paste into the e-mail might contain some
| sort of control character.  A fairly common problem is the carriage return
| or ^M character.

It's possible, but I'm running the script that I saved from the attachment, so presumably, that would have included such characters?

Must be.  Sorry - I didn't notice the attachment.

If the problem is a CRLF pair, then I think that is a bug. Octave should accept CRLF or LF as an end of line character. So if you have a problem like this, please report it.

The problem that sometimes occurs (not necessarily with Octave) is that there are CRLF pairs in the file, but then the file is edited and the CR moves away from the LF.

Mike