Re: Which version on which OS is fastest and stable?

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Which version on which OS is fastest and stable?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:53:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Michael Creel wrote:

Hello,
Octave on Linux is both fast and stable. If you would like to try it out
before installing, I recommend the Knoppix live CD. If you boot using the CD
and configure networking, you can then install Octave 2.1.x using the
commands
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install octave

If you like what you see, you can easily install to hard disk in about 20
minutes. It's one of the fastest and easiest ways to install Debian Linux.
Michael

Quantian is a bit simpler I believe (I've never used it, but it is supposed to be a Knoppix variant with scientific tools like octave already installed): http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html

Bill

--
"I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends. I can win an argument
on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of