Re: can't perform indexing operations for <unknown type> type

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: can't perform indexing operations for <unknown type> type
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 16:35:10 +0200

Kocsis Attila wrote:

Thanks a lot, but that's not the reason, either. I
changed clear all into clear and still get that stupid
message...
Beside as far as I realized clear all and clear are
the same (at least in the version I use).

The error message indicates exactly what it says, that the type of a variable is unknown and indexing like f(n) is not defined as there is no assign or subsref function defined for the unknown type. That being said, this should never happen as it means that the return type of an oct-file is undefined.... This is ok, if the same oct-file throws an error so that the user knows what happened and the execution of the script is stopped.

Something like this might happen in the artificial case

DEFUN_DLD (toto, args, , "")
{
 return octave_value ();
}

Ok, so taking that it is a bug, I tried running under 2.9.3 and see no issues. So if it was a bug it seems it is fixed...

regards
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary