Re: windows version of Octave

From: Paul Thomas
Subject: Re: windows version of Octave
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 17:35:02 +0200

Doug,

I have just built octave-2.1.71 with gcc-3.2 20020927 under Cygwin, without any of the bells and whistles such as atlas etc.. It runs faster than any other octave that I have built. Would you like a copy of this version of gcc? It does not suffer from the sjlj problems of the Mingw variants of gcc.

Paul Kienzle got a long way towards preparing the successor to his Windows standalone octave-2.1.50. Maybe you should contact him to pick up where he left off?

Paul Thomas

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Stewart" <address@hidden>