RE: Octave - MySQL Interface

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: RE: Octave - MySQL Interface
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:04:41 -0400

On 19-May-2005, Chris Brundick wrote:

| >From octave.org:
|
| It is easily extensible and customizable via user-defined functions written
| in Octave's own language, or using dynamically loaded modules written in
| C++, C, Fortran, or other languages.
|
| Was it really that strange for me to ask if these modules could be done in
| Java given the above statement?

OK, perhaps not.  But your Java interface would need to be callable
from C++, which is really the only way to connect compiled code to
Octave.  The "C, Fortran, or other languages" statement was written
with the idea that those other languages would be callable from C++,
not that there were necessarily simple ways to call those other
languages directly from Octave.  OTOH, you have the source, so you can
make it do whatever.

jwe