Re: SVD on sparse matix

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: SVD on sparse matix
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:14:32 +0200

Dongqiang Yang wrote:

Hi All,
I am newcomer of Octave. Does anyone know how to run SVD (single value
decomposition) on a very large sparse matrix (48000 by 38000)?
Thanks in advance.

Dq :)
I'm currently writing the code to integrate with ARPACK, and I have most of the eigs function working, but lack of time is making the progress slow. SVDS was the next function on my list. So at this point I can forward my eigs.cc code and you can help out in the writing of svds.cc or you can wait till I get a bit more time to implement it, which will certainly be in time for Octave 3.0...

Regards
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary