Re: Loading .csv files

From: Geordie McBain
Subject: Re: Loading .csv files
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 16:33:09 +1000

Hello. No, I don't think this is related to dynamic linking. You should be able to use a binary version of Octave.
Say I had the comma-separated value file data.txt (attached), then:

octave> load ("data.txt")
octave> data
data =

 1  1  1
 2  4  8

Does that work for you?

Geordie McBain
www.aeromech.usyd.edu.au/~mcbain

SITI HAJAR A BAKAR wrote:

Hello all,
I'm having trouble loading data from txt files, . dat files , or .csv files using 'load' as in MATLAB. Sorry for such a stupid question but does this file loading or simple I/O come under dynamic linking? Can I perform this using the Octave Binaries version (without compiling my own Octave). Thanks heaps!