out of memory building oct file

From: Paul Probert
Subject: out of memory building oct file
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 10:54:09 -0500

Folks,
I'm trying to build a moderate size (500 line) DLD into an oct file, and mkoctfile runs a long time then bombs with "g++: Internal Error: Killed (program cc1plus)" I am running on SUsE 8.2 with gcc 3.3, octave 2.1.63. When I watch with system monitor, I can see why its getting killed - it slowly uses up all 256M of memory and then all of the 486 M of swap space and then gets killed. Does anybody have any experience with this? Can a bad c++ program do this, or is gcc 3.3 known for having a problem like this?

Thanks,
Paul Probert
University of Wisconsin