dynamic link not supported

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: dynamic link not supported
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 02:01:59 -0400

On 12-May-2005, SITI HAJAR A BAKAR wrote:

| Sorry but I still have questions on compiling octave-2.1.70 on windows.
| At the end of the ./config process, it still reports that dynamic link
| is not enabled. Can the particular package from cygwin which enables
| dynamic linking be pointed out? I  suspect i might have missed out a
| package.

The directions in the file

  ftp://ftp.octave.org/pub/octave/README.Windows

should still be valid, except for the information about checking out
the sources from CVS.

Briefly, the steps are

  install cygwin and start the command shell

  download and unpack octave

  cd to the top level directory of the sources

  run the following commands

    ./configure --enable-shared --disable-static
    make
    make install

It works for me.

jwe