running Maxima from Octave

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: running Maxima from Octave
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 19:15:25 -0500

this is from Octave back to Octave.
>> maxima(' LAPLACE(COSH(A*T),T,S);')
ans = A=S/(S2-A2);

:-)   :-)

I wrote a little script writer in octave  to make a in.mac file
I then executed a batch file from inside Octave
Maxima wrote the answer to a separate file.
I then read the answer back into octave

A while ago someone asked if  anybody  had tried to pipe into Maxima.

This is a very simple pipe but yes you can get answers from Maxima inside octave.

The bigger question is "what all do you wan't to do with Maxima?"
The answers will come back as strings. So if we format the string properly eval should be able to use it.

Doug Stewart