Re: error() [was Re: wavread problems]

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: error() [was Re: wavread problems]
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:27:45 -0700

NOW I see what you mean.

I did a test inside a function to make certain the argument
was of a proper form.  All code and operations concerning
the test were valid octave operations.

I used to default print a line after such a test...
if (argument is stupid)
  errormsg="wrong form, idiot"
  return;
endif
...doing this created a single error line and then a prompt

I now do this...
if (argument is stupid)
  error("wrong form, dolt\n";
endif
...which prints a nice line too and then a prompt.

both stop the function at that test and all is well.

HOWEVER, when I leave out the \n; the program keeps trying
to execute and spits up later when illegal activities start
to occur.

            - Robert -