Re: New wavread available

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: New wavread available
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 06:15:35 -0500

I have removed my copy of wavread

one little  problem with Roberts wavread--
when you choose to only load part of the file  it has a problem on line 71
I will do more testing soon.
Thanks
Doug Stewart

Robert A. Macy wrote:

Suggestion: around line 19, add return;
after the test for .wav file incase you need to bail.

Note: running octave 2.1.50a-inst.exe on Win98...
Even after adding the return statement, I keep getting an
error that my files aren't .wav files.  Perhaps, my old
octave isn't compatible with your new language.
My wav files are simple, one channel, uncompressed data.
Even auload didn't like the header on my 24 bit file. Plus, your "wavread.m" or auload after failing to open my
wav files kept "hold" of the wav file and wouldn't let me
delete the wav file until I exited from octave.
Perhaps, this is an example of "out of date" octave?

Does the new octave open a file in binary mode without
setting the 'rb' instead of 'r' ??  Nothing worked right
for me until this was straightened out by John Eaton.
Doug, I'll send you off line the two files I've been using
for several years now.  Those two files create AND read the
24 bit files to/from sound cards, all compatible.
           - Robert -

On Mon, 09 May 2005 19:19:23 -0500