Re: wavread problems + ploting tools+ using octave classes in C++

From: Miroslaw Kwasniak
Subject: Re: wavread problems + ploting tools+ using octave classes in C++
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 10:53:09 +0200

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 06:03:28PM +0200, Marc Vinyes wrote:
> I have discovered grace, I installed it and I saw there is one directory
> which integrates plotting in octave:
> /usr/share/octave-forge-alternatives/graceplot
>
> but I can't find the way to associate the octave's "plot" command to grace
> by default.
> Moreover, I have read that octave-forge installs grace as the default
> plotter and this doesn't happen in my case...

I don't know about grace as default engine, but recent versions have
toggle_grace_use to switch it:

octaveX:1> help toggle_grace_use
toggle_grace_use is the file:
/home/mirek/tmp/octave/test.2.1.63-3.3/share/octave/2.1.63/site/m/octave-forge/graceplot/toggle_grace_use.m

usage: toggle_grace_use

Use this script to activate/deactivate the default library for the
2D plotting functions (plot, errorbar, etc.), as both the native
gnuplot and the Grace interface use similar names to the
functions. toggle_grace_use post-/pre-pends to LOADPATH the path for
the Grace functions in successive calls.