Re: wavread problems (focusing on this)

From: Marc Vinyes
Subject: Re: wavread problems (focusing on this)
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 17:37:57 +0200 (CEST)

Ok, thank you very much. Now it works fine.

BTW, why the octave-forge doesn't accept your version of wavread.m????

I guess the clue is in:
< tmpi = fread(fpi,1,'int32')
< ###################### changed a 2 to nchans
< ##if (tmpi != nchans*srate)
< ##  error(sprintf('*** %d bytes per second looks wrong. Expect %d',
tmpi,2*srate));
< ## end

Also, I can't understand why wavread doesn't output "file not found"
instead of "error: fread: invalid stream number = -1" which is rather
confusing for beginners like me...
I guess this can be achieved only adding a line of code...

When I see this little tricks, I start worrying about the reliability and
usability of octave-forge code... It's worth starting to use it in a
serious work? What do you think? (question to more advanced octave users).