Re: permute doesn't delete singletons

From: Tom Holroyd
Subject: Re: permute doesn't delete singletons
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 13:36:04 -0400

Jonathan Stickel wrote:
I'm not sure if the maintainers are interested in modifying permute to automatically "squeeze" the dimensions.

That's the real question. I realize I can use squeeze, but several members of our lab here are getting more and more irritated with MATLAB's draconian (if not completely procrustean) licensing, and Octave seems to "just work" in many ways; any little bit that helps would make it so much easier to just dropkick MATLAB. I'm using 2.1.69, by the way; Fedora comes with Octave now you know, so more folks might be using it. I did have to upgrade to get around the broken lapack bug. Don't know about Fedora core 4. (I'm on 3).

So the general question is, if MATLAB does it, can we expect Octave to do it?

--
Dr. Tom Holroyd
"A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and