Re: new versions of Octave (was "How to print plots on a printer?")

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: new versions of Octave (was "How to print plots on a printer?")
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 12:29:32 -0400

On  2-May-2005, Mike Miller wrote:

| On Mon, 2 May 2005, John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| > On  2-May-2005, Mike Miller wrote:
| >
| > | At what point in the development sequence were multi-dimensional arrays
| > | added to Octave?  Were they added first to the 2.9.x series, then added to
| > | the 2.1.x series?  I think that marked a fairly big increment in
| > | functionality.
| >
| > That happened before the split.
|

| Does anyone know when multi-dimensional arrays were added?

The first entry I see in src/ChangeLog that refers to N-d arrays in
any form is

  2000-05-11  John W. Eaton  <address@hidden>

          * ov-base-nd-array.h, ov-base-nd-array.cc, ov-re-nd-array.h,
          ov-re-nd-array.h: New files.
          * Makefile.in: Add them to the appropriate lists.

but I'm pretty sure it was a long time after that until they were
usable.

| Is there a Change Log on the web?

Yes, along with all the other sources in the CVS archive.  There are
links to that at www.octave.org/download.html

jwe