Re: How to print plots on a printer?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: How to print plots on a printer?
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 13:45:57 -0400

On  2-May-2005, Joe Koski wrote:

| My question is where are we going with octave? Will there be an
| octave-2.1.70 that fixes some things like the broken __gnuset_replot__
| routine that will allow the use of "gset free" versions of print and legend?

Yes.

| Will 2.9.x become the new standard leading to octave-3.0?

Once it seems that 2.9.x works well enough for general use, we will
start calling it the "recommended" snapshot on the download page.
Eventually, 2.9.x will become 3.0.

The jump in version numbers was to indicate that 2.9.x included
significant new functionality (primarily sparse matrices) and to allow
us to continue making bug-fixing snapshots with sequentially ordered
2.1.x version numbers.

jwe