Installing latest version of Octave using Fink

From: Jeremy Miner
Subject: Installing latest version of Octave using Fink
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:55:27 -0500

Hello,

I'm running Mac OS 10.3 and have installed Octave using Fink.

I'm getting the following error:

octave:9> load simdata1.mat
error: load: invalid element type
error: load: trouble reading binary file `simdata1.mat'

I understand this to be a problem with Octave reading the formatting of the binary files from Matlab. I've been told that upgrading from Octave version 2.1.53 to version 2.1.69 should resolve this problem. How do I get the latest version of Octave using Fink?

Thanks

Jeremy