Re: Setting y-axis scale with axis();

From: Driss Ghaddab
Subject: Re: Setting y-axis scale with axis();
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:26:16 +0200

Hi,

Quentin Spencer a écrit :

... If I understand correctly, part
of the rationale for ripping out gset and related commands in octave was to make it easier to write a handle graphics module that could theoretically support all of that eventually. Until someone writes such a module, you are probably justified in using __gunplot_raw__ to do things like this if you need it.

There are indeed a few projects that are implementing handle objects, mine among them, which is not yet complete.

But, I could not find on the mailing list archive a discussion about removing gset to pave the way for handle graphics. Is there an official plan ? In the meanwhile, I'll continue my own effort, but if there is an official plan, I'd rather join it and help it if I can.

Cheers.

Driss