How do you change to an ordinate on gsplot?

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: How do you change to an ordinate on gsplot?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 06:54:28 -0700

How do you change to an ordinate "scale" in gsplot?
I'm not mathematical, so I may be using the wrong terms,
but what I mean is:
Given a two dimensional array of real values,
the line...

>> gsplot values;

...something automatically makes a great 2d mesh plot
with x = rowsofvalues and y = columnsofvalues
and z = values

I want y to be transformed to a different "scale".

I have specific values for the scale.  The values are not
uniform. so the mesh display has "sawtooth" like artifacts.
 How do I change the y to be a function of indices?

Stated another way.

How do I 2d mesh plot an array with x = index of rows
and y = monotonic function ( index of columns ) ??

                  - Robert -