Re: issues compiling octave-2.1.69 on FreeBSD 5.4

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: issues compiling octave-2.1.69 on FreeBSD 5.4
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:23:14 -0400

On 22-Apr-2005, Joan Picanyol i Puig <address@hidden> wrote:

| > Also, can you determine precisely which fnmatch.h file is being
| > included?
|
| I don't know how to.

If you are using GCC and add -save-temps to CXXFLAGS, then you will
get .ii files for each .cc file that is compiled.  Those files
contain the output from the preprocessor, which should include the
full file names of all the files included.

| > Does it include lines like
| >
| >   #ifdef    __cplusplus
| >   extern "C" {
| >   #endif
| >
| >   #ifdef    __cplusplus
| >   }
| >   #endif
| >
| > around the contents of the file?
|
| None of them do.
|
| > If not, does changing the line
| >
| >   #include <fnmatch.h>
| >
| > in liboctave/glob-match.h to be
| >
| >   extern "C" {
| >   #include <fnmatch.h>
| >   }
|
| My liboctave/glob-match.h does not #include <fnmatch.h> (this is after
| applying your patch to configure.in and running autogen.sh).

Oops, I meant liboctave/glob-match.cc.  It also includes glob.h, so
maybe the lines will need to be changed from

   #include <fnmatch.h>
   #include <glob.h>

   extern "C" {
   #include <fnmatch.h>