Re: WG: Tools for mathematical calculations and graphical output

From: Gunnar
Subject: Re: WG: Tools for mathematical calculations and graphical output
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:38:35 +0200

> Main topics are:
>    Price
>    Platform, Windows / Linux
>    Input in a form or Input at a "line"
>    Usability of scripts..
>    Format of graphical output (jpg, postscript..), 2D, 3D,
Maxima is a "Common Lisp implementation of MIT's Macsyma
system" (maxima.sf.net)
maxima is only for symbolic computations, as far as I understand.

I didn't find Scilab in your presentation.  (scilab.org)
Scilab is more or less equivalent to octave and matlab, and it's free.

Both free, runs in windows+linux+other OS.