Re: api-v10

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: api-v10
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:14:18 -0400

On 14-Apr-2005, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
| > On 14-Apr-2005, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
| [snip]
| > Odd.  My guess is that something is not installed properly on your
| > system.  Are you sure that the header files installed on your system
| > match the version of Octave you are running?  Try the -v option for
| > mkoctfile and see if that gives you any clues.
| mkoctfile -v gives
| /usr/bin/g++ -shared -Wl,-Bsymbolic -o .oct -L/usr/lib/octave-2.1.64
| -loctinterp -loctave -lcruft -s -llapack-3 -lblas-3 -lfftw3 -lreadline
| -lncurses -ldl -lhdf5 -lz -lm -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5
| -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5/../../.. -lhdf5 -lz -lfrtbegin -lg2c
| -lm -lgcc_s
|
| I don't know if anything is wrong in the above.

Sorry, I meant for you to use -v when compiling a .cc file.  That
should tell you precisely what directories it is looking in for header
files as well as libraries (which is about all you get above).

BTW, this seems to point out a bug in mkoctfile, since it should not
try to run g++ if you give it -v and no input file.

jwe