Re: [Gnuplot-info] Re: GNUplot missing?

From: Hans-Bernhard Bröker
Subject: Re: [Gnuplot-info] Re: GNUplot missing?
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 01:14:53 -0500

SITI HAJAR A BAKAR wrote:
I have reinstalled my gnuplot except now it gives me a timeout error as such
u=1:200;
y=2*u+1
plot(y,x)
Timeout: gnuplot not ready

This error is generated by pgnuplot if for some reason it fails to find the window of the freshly started wgnuplot instance.

gnuplot_binary = "c:/gnuplot/bin/pgnuplot"

If you have to write it like this, odds are it won't work.  pgnuplot
has to find wgnuplot.exe --- if pgnuplot isn't on your PATH, then neither will be wgnuplot.exe.

The gnuplot window does come up, but no graphs are plotted. I'm finding my octave very unpredictable, with different errors arising every time I invoke it.

I haven't ever so smuch as seen octave's interface to gnuplot, which makes it hard, if not impossible, to guess what this interface may be doing wrong... What are the gnuplot commands generated by your set of
octave commands?