Re: Standalone windows install: why?

From: Paul Thomas
Subject: Re: Standalone windows install: why?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:22:07 +0200

If I could offer a couple of comments on this:

In spite of the benefits of the Cygwin environment, folk do appear to prefer straight Windows installs. Since gcc-4.x binaries have been available for Windows, the demand for my regular Cygwin snapshots has declined to a trickle.

Cygwin does install nicely from a CD or over a network. You can download Cygwin and distribute it, together with a prebuilt octave. You could even add a gfortran binary......

Paul T

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Blais" <address@hidden>