Can't find Octave 2.1.69 for windows

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Can't find Octave 2.1.69 for windows
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:11:21 -0500

On 31-Mar-2005, SITI HAJAR A BAKAR <address@hidden> wrote:

| hello again, thank you so much for the prompt help. I was expecting  a
| reply weeks later.John Eaton, you recommended version 2.1.69 for
| Windows. However, tehre only seems to be version 2.1.50 on the octave
| site . How do I go about getting the latest version? Thank you again

Install Cygwin, including the compiler tools.  Download the Octave
sources and build it.

To make this process easier, we need someone to do the work to package
Octave for Cygwin and get the package included in the core Cygwin
distribution site.  Then it would be a simple matter of going to
www.cygwin.com, running setup, and selecting Octave from the list of
packages.

It should not be too difficult for someone who has some experience
with Cygwin and building Octave to build the packages.  I can offer
some help to get things started, but I can't be the person to do the
builds and upload the packages to the Cygwin site.

jwe