LOADPATH and file loading problems

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: LOADPATH and file loading problems
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:33:51 -0500

On 30-Mar-2005, SITI HAJAR A BAKAR <address@hidden> wrote:

| I am a newbie to octave and am using version 2.1.50 on WIndows 2000. I
| am having problems loading an m file everytime I change it. It only
| performs any changes after I end an Octave session

This might be a bug, but I suspect it is fixed in a more recent
version of Octave.  2.1.50 is quite old.  The current recommended
version is 2.1.69.

| I'm also having trouble adding a new path. i want to run a file from
| folders outside the dafault one.
|
| LOADPATH='C:/My Documents/FYP2005/octave://'
| I also tried
| LOADPATH='C:/My Documents/FYP2005/octave:'
| It doesnt seem to detect the m file in the above specified folders.
|
| Am I missing something?

Yes, a colon is the character used for path separators.  You need
something like

  LOADPATH='/cygdrive/c/My Documents/FYP2005/octave:'

This should work if you have the Cygwin mounts set up properly.

The trailing colon says to search the default LOADPATH after searching
the directory in My Documents.

jwe