Re: Problems for to install Octave SuSE 9

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Problems for to install Octave SuSE 9
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:56:59 +0100

A quick look at google gave me this thread:
http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.2004/msg00764.html
that seems to describe your problem.

The solution in this case was to type:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/octave-2.1.49 octave
from the terminal. If your version is newer than 2.1.49 just change the number.

I don't run SuSE so I can't check if it works, but I hope it helps,
Søren

Hebert Suarez Cahuana skrev:
I have installed octave on my suse 9.0 system
when i try to start it (type "octave" at the command line) i get an error:

octave: error while loading shared libraries: liboctinterp.so: cannot
open object file: No such file or directory

I dont know where to look for this file, or the file that is calling it.
I had install it with YaST and the dependences were completes and OK.
I am Peruvian so I speak spanish