Re: I can´t install it

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: I can´t install it
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:39:43 -0600

Hebert Suarez Cahuana wrote:

Dear members:
I am interesting in to use Octave, I have SuSE Linux version 9.0, I
can not install, I have problems with libraries, please help me, tell
me all libraries necesary for running Octave, I use Matlab and I wish
investigate this software but it is most difficult install it.
Could say me the web of this library I prefer in RPM, it is easy
installer with YaST of SuSE,  the files  gz are not very pleasant.
I think SuSE includes octave with the distribution, so you should try the distribution CDs for the libraries. Also, the installer tool should tell you exactly what the libraries you are missing are. The standard libraries will be blas and lapack, and you'll also need gnuplot if it isn't already installed.

-Quentin