Octave very slow on Cygwin

From: Reiner Suikat
Subject: Octave very slow on Cygwin
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:22:01 +0100

Hello everybody,
I have just installed octave-2.1.67 and the current octave-forge froms
source on a fresh Cygwin installation running on a Windows XP-2 system. I
did this because I wanted some of the more recent functions compared to the
old 2.1.50 windows binaries available on Sourceforge.
Now to my surprise I find that the old 2.1.50 windows binary is much faster
than the new installation, at least by a factor of 3-5, on anything having a
lot of loops in it.
Does anyone have an explanation for this or know how I can get faster code
in Cygwin?

Greetings
Reiner