Re: Page 143: octave manual first plot examples

From: Quentin Spencere
Subject: Re: Page 143: octave manual first plot examples
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:45:59 -0600

Alan Ezust wrote:

Yeah, I was just taking the first example in the manual and trying it
out. It's on page 143.  Perhaps that should be updated to use the
newer API... I assume this one is compatible with matlab whereas the
previous one was more gnuplot specific?
Acutally, I wrote an update to the plotting section of the manual recently for this very reason. John accepted the changes, and I think they should be in the manual included with the 2.1.67 snapshot (I haven't checked to verify). The manual now indicates that matlab-style syntax is preferred, and the documentation for the gplot stuff is at the very end of the section. If you run into any other things like this in the documentation that make octave harder to use than it needs to be, please submit patches, or at least suggestions to the mailing lists. I am willing to work on things like this from time to time because it saves answering future questions on the mailing lists.

-Quentin