Re: Octave equivalent for MatLab "axes"

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Octave equivalent for MatLab "axes"
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:01:38 -0600

Edward C. Jones wrote:

Here is a line from a MatLab ".m" file:
    axes('Position',[.01 .01 .98 .05],'Visible','off');
How do I do this in Octave?

Unfortunately, while basic Matlab plotting syntax is supported, advanced features that use Matlab's handle graphics (such as the axes command) are not at this time. Someone once expressed the intention to implement this a while ago on one of the mailing lists, but I don't know what the status is, and I wouldn't count on it being available soon.

Since I know that I will be having more problems like this one, is there an up-to-date list of MatLab commands and how to do the same thing in Octave?

I thought I remembered a list like this on the octave wiki, but I couldn't find it. Maybe someone else can point it out.

-Quentin