AW: oct-files are still undefined

From: Stefan.Veit
Subject: AW: oct-files are still undefined
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:21:28 +0100

@Mr. Eaton

| Yes, it should work.  When you built Octave with --enable shared, you
should have created | and installed some .oct files.  What is the result
of the command

|  which min
|
| in your copy of Octave?  If your copy of Octave is properly installed,
it should respond | with

|  min is the dynamically-linked function from the file
|  /usr/lib/octave/2.1.66/oct/i386-pc-linux-gnu/min.oct

Yes, there's this response. Everything is in order with the .oct-files.

I used a wrong syntax at programming (no DLD-function), the building
with
"mkoctfile" was ok, and octave reacted with "... undefined" so I thought

about a wrong Loadpath or something. :-)

| Please provide some details.  Exactly what is in your .octaverc file?
Exactly where is
| pgnuplot installed?  Exactly where is the corresponding gnuplot binary
(the pgnuplot
| file is just a small program that reads from stdin and sends commands
to the real gnuplot | by some other method).
| What happens if you type
|  echo "plot sin(x); pause (5);" | pgnuplot
| in a bash command window?  Does that work?

Yes that works. But the plot-command in octave does nothing. (even no
error)
The Gnuplot-binaries are at
"D:\User\veits\cygwin\home\Admin\gnuplot\bin"
where is also "pgnuplot.exe". The .octaverc file is at
"D:\User\veits\cygwin\home\Admin\octave-2.1.66\scripts\startup" and was
empty, so
I replaced it with this one:

-----------
% System-wide startup file for Octave.
%
% This file should contain any commands that should be executed each
% time Octave starts for every user at this site.
%
% Put this file in usr/local/share/octave/2.1.xx/m/startup (replace xx
by appropriate version)
% Adapted to Octave for Windows (CygWin) by address@hidden, Oct
2004

gnuplot_binary =
'D:/User/veits/cygwin/home/Admin/gnuplot/bin/pgnuplot.exe'
putenv('TMPDIR','D:/User/veits/cygwin/tmp')
gnuplot_has_multiplot = 1                              %gnuplot 4.0
supports multiplots (subplots)

more off;                                              %turn on/off
pagination, especially useful if rxvt is not used
page_output_immediately = 1                            %send output
immediately to screen

                                                       %quick fix for
problems with recursive search
                                                       %only one
sublevel is searched in
-----

Worked with octave 2.1.49, but with 2.1.66 no more.

Thanks and kind regards

Stefan Veit