Simple recursion problem

From: Michal Tarana
Subject: Simple recursion problem
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:51:28 +0100

Hi everybody,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am trying to run this simple code in Octave:

function I = strangeintegral(order, b, Z)
  if (order == 0)
    result = -0.5 / sqrt(pi * b);
    I = result + 0.5 * i * sqrt(Z) * cef(-sqrt(b * Z), 20);
  else
    result = (-1.0 / (2.0 * pi)) * (b ^ (-order - 2.5)) *
spgamma(order);
    I = result + Z * strangeintegral(order - 1, b, Z);
  endif
endfunction

But sometimes Octave crashes with Segmentation fault and I don't know,
why. When I call this function from the commandline, sometimes Octave
crashes. Manytimes it works for two or three times, but when I call it
fourth or fifth time, it crashes. When it is called from some for-cycle,
it also sometimes happens. And everytime it is called with the same
parameter order (number of recursions). And this number is low (the
level of recursion is not higher than 5). Does anybody have some idea? I
am using Octave 2.1.66 in Debian Sid.

Thank you for any comment or hint.
--
Regards