fsolve over not all variables...

From: Gorazd Brumen
Subject: fsolve over not all variables...
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:57:57 +0100

Hi,

How can I use fsolve so that it does not search over all
parametrs of the function but only searches according to 1
parameter? I have tried to define function with less
parameters, but could not pass other parameters to it (global does
not work)?

Example
function y = randomRSolve(P, prob, alpha, beta, M, Nterms, h)

  y = fsolve("helprandomRSolve", 0.4);

  endfunction

function z = helprandomRSolve(r)
  z = randomRD(P, r, prob, alpha, beta, M, Nterms, h);

  endfunction

It returns:
error: `P' undefined near line 15 column 16

Thanks,
Gorazd

--
Gorazd Brumen