Evaluating octave

From: Madhusudan Singh
Subject: Evaluating octave
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 00:06:38 -0500

Hi

I am interested in using octave as a (complete) replacement for matlab (this
includes writing code that would execute on both Matlab and Octave). Just now
as I was trying to code an application, I found that the textscan function is
not implemented in octave. Is there a FAQ somewhere which lists standard
utilities that are a part of Matlab and not octave ? It would help me
immensely in deciding whether to consider using octave any further for my
purposes.

With regards,

MS