problem with subplot

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: problem with subplot
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:19:58 -0500

On 22-Feb-2005, Gunnar <address@hidden> wrote:

| I'm trying to create a subplot (with 2 plots). The code is attached below.
| The result is just one plot, the right one, and it is not properly scaled so
| I can only see half the righthand plot.  What can be wrong with this?
| I'm using version 2.1.64 on my Linux box.

I don't see the same results (also with 2.1.64) but it is still not
quite right.  I see both plots, but the titles are placed
incorrectly.  The result I see does not seem to depend on the setting
of the built-in variable automatic_replot.  Perhaps the difference is
due to the gnuplot version you have?  I'm using 4.0 patchlevel 0.

With the current CVS (which should become 2.1.65 soon)I see what I
think is the correct result, but only with automatic_replot = 1, which
is needed because you are plotting in the Matlab way (plot the data
then annotate) rather than the gnuplot way (set up everything about
the appearance of the graph, then plot the data).

jwe