False alarm (Re: reshape slowdown?)

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: False alarm (Re: reshape slowdown?)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:48:21 -0700

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 22-Feb-2005, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:

| I did change the reshape function between 2.1.57 and 2.1.58 for NDArrays | as you say. If it is two times slower for 2D arrays, we should probably | special case the 2D version and use the old code... Want to propose a | change?

Or at least some test cases so we can gather some data about the
performance?  What size matrices does it really affect, etc.?

I am sorry -- the reshape really does not take any time. I overlooked
that I have a=b' in the loop that does go slower than before, but that, I think, relates to the different lapack/blas version. It is still somewhat weird, as most other lapack functions perform the same or even faster than before...

jwe

Dmitri.