connecting pd and octave

From: Franz Zotter
Subject: connecting pd and octave
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:46:50 +0100

Hello

I would like to connect pd (PureData, Miller Puckett, real-time audio
programming software) to octave. Therefore I am looking for following
features:
- sending arrays/matrices(zexy-lib) from pd to an octave workspace variable
- sending an octave array to a pd table/matrix(zexy-lib) as message
- calling octave functions/scripts/commands sending a message from pd

I already tried to call octave from pd using the "shell" pd-external running
"konsole -e octave myscript.m" and storing my pd data into an octave matrix
file.

Now it would be quite thrilling to drive both, pd and octave, in parallel,
each responding to message events.

pd is featuring xmlrpc, as far as I know from a developer, thus is capable of
sending/receiving data and commands properly.

Are there yet any corresponding octave features I could use (except from paul
kienzle's octave-forge/extra/soctcl/) ?

- Franz.