Re: gfortran vs ranlib

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: gfortran vs ranlib
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:38:36 -0700

John W. Eaton wrote:

| | Perhaps this one should be added there as well...

It looks like it already depends on the ENTRY bug.

BTW, the report for that says that it should work now for subroutines
but not functions.  You reported a bug for a function that has a second
entry point, but there are two other files with ENTRY statements,
setall.f and getcgn.f, but those are subroutines.  Do they compile
cleanly?  If so, I think the following patch will work around the
problem with ENTRY in functions.

Yes. Only qrgnin.f seems to have problem out of all fortran files in octave (I used external lapack library, that another potential problem).
In a mean time I get an internal compiler (g++) problem with Array-str.cc
and I cannot produce a small self-contained example to file a good bug
report. So, I probably give up on gcc4 until next snapshot...

It would be much better for this problem to be fixed in gfortran
instead of trying to work around it in Octave, so I don't plan to
apply this patch to Octave's sources unless gfortran is released
without the fix for this bug.  Let's hope that doesn't happen.

I agree completely.

jwe

Dmitri.