Octave on cygwin

From: A Hodel
Subject: Octave on cygwin
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:44:43 -0600

One of my students is attempting to install and run octave on the cygwin environment, which I do not have. If anyone can make a recommendation on how to proceed, I'd be grateful for the help.

He is getting the error message:

The error reads: The procedure entry point __getreent could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll.

I’ve downloaded gp400win32.zip and unzipped it to c:\Octave\gp400win32. I didn’t see any .exe files in the bin folder though. I also changed the octaverc file by adding the commands listed on the octave install link “the hard way”.

A Scottedward Hodel, PhD, Associate Professor
Dept. Electrical and Computer Engineering, 200 Broun Hall
Auburn University, AL 36849-5201
(334) 844-1854  Fax: (34) 844-1809
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~hodelas