permute three dimensional Array

From: Hugo Neto
Subject: permute three dimensional Array
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:03:18 -0600

Dear all,

I'm facing a problem in permuting a 3 dimensional array.

Imagine that "Example" is an array with (7x3600x2) length and my goal is to permute this array to obtain an array (3600x2x7) length keeping the same data.

This action is possible in Matlab with the function "permute" but in octave the same function doesn't perform the permutation like in Matlab. The "permute" command in Octave just perform the permutation of 2 dimensional array.

The command performed is:

permute(Example(:,:,2), [2 3 1])  % "Example" array has the length mentioned before

Somebody knows any function that performs the permutation on 3 dimensional arrays?

I'm working with Octave 2.1.57 version. It seems a little problem but in fact i'm not getting solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Hugo Neto