Re: Saving Image data in eps format.

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Saving Image data in eps format.
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:12:45 -0600

I use the print function as well, but in this case, I think it won't help because images from matrices (using functions like image) are not displayed using gnuplot. I think Dmitri's previous post about changing file names if you want eps is probably the easiest way to go.

The 4.0 version of gnuplot has the ability to do 3-D plots with multiple colors. I once investigated the possibility of using 3-D mode as a way of displaying 2-D images, and it appears to be a possibility. If I can find the code I wrote I'll post it here.

-Quentin

Geordie McBain wrote:

If you've got Octave-Forge <http://octave.sf.net>, you can use its
print function to get EPS output.

If not, you can use the lower-level gnuplot functions from Octave to
set the output type ("terminal") and output file name ("output"): e.g.

octave> x=linspace (-pi, pi, 100); y=sin(x);
octave> gset terminal postscript eps
octave> gset output "sine.eps"
octave> plot (x, y)

Geordie McBain