Re: indexing in octfile

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: indexing in octfile
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:17:33 -0500

On  8-Feb-2005, Brian Blais <address@hidden> wrote:

| Would you be able to write me a short example of how to use "assign" in
| the examples I list above?  I don't see a version of "assign" which
| takes an idx_vector, or uses the Matrix class, looking at the
| OctaveClassReference documents.

I can't think of any cases where this kind of indexing is used in
any part of Octave, except to support the scripting language feature.

Also, it seems to me that the thing you want to do is not very cleanly
defined in Octave, so it is probably best avoided.  So if you think
you really need it, it might be best to define a better interface than
what we currently have.  If you'd like to discuss that, then please
start a thread on the address@hidden list.

Thanks,

jwe