core dump on OS X

From: Andy Jacobson
Subject: core dump on OS X
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:17:34 -0600

Howdy,

        I'm in the process of porting an apparently trivial m-script
        to octave.  After making obvious changes for compatibility,
        such as working around an "fclose('all')", the script runs and
        produces the expected output.  However, it subsequently causes
        octave to dump core when quitting--but only on OS X, not on
        linux (both platforms are using octave 2.1.57).

        Running octave under gdb on OS X yields the following when I
        type 'quit':

        Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access
        memory.
        __tcf_0 () at oct-obj.h:153
        153     oct-obj.h: No such file or directory.
        in oct-obj.h

        If desired, I'll submit a bug report, but I'm interested in
        helping to track this bug down.  I have looked at oct-obj.h,
        but line 153 appears like it might be an innocent bystander.
        I can't find the symbol __tcf_0 anywhere.  Anyone have any um,
        pointers, on how to proceed?

        Thanks,

                Andy

--
Andy Jacobson

address@hidden

Program in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
Sayre Hall, Forrestal Campus
Princeton University
PO Box CN710 Princeton, NJ 08544-0710 USA

Tel: 609/258-5260  Fax: 609/258-2850